Skill development in India|Making India the skill capital of the world
The Namo government has launched a revised version of digital India with its skill India campaign which promotes skill development in India. It is a multi-skill programme that was launched in March 2015 and is amongst the highly anticipated projects of Narendra Modi.
The programme aims to cover over 500 million youth of the country by 2020. It delivers training, support, and guidance to jobs of unorganized sector like carpenters, welders, blacksmiths, mason, nurses, cobblers, weavers etc for skill development in India.
Here we bring you an insight into the top ten skill schemes for skill development that strive to work towards maintaining sustained livelihoods along with gainful employment by modes of skilling, upskilling and reskilling.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Kaushal Yojana
It is a skill development program lined to placement of rural youth.
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
It aims to eliminate poverty from the urban poor households by enabling access to employment opportunities that are skill based in an organized manner.
- Director general of training
The scheme focuses on training school dropouts and existing workers of the unorganized sector with employable skills.
- Ministry of labor and employment
The ministry is entrusted with the task of safe guarding the interest of workers and rural and urban poor that comes under privileged section of the society.
- Mahatma Gandhi rural employment guarantee act
Under this scheme, rural folk are ensured of at least 100 days of employment in the unskilled sector.
- Ministry of skill development and entrepreneurship
It is responsible for coordination of skill development efforts operating in India.
- National skill development corporation
It promotes skill development by initiating the creation of large and quality driven training institutes across India.
- National Skill Development Agency
It focuses to coordinate between the private sector and govt programs to achieve skilling targets by 2020.
- National rural livelihood mission
It aims to analyze youth aspirations in the professional domain and enhance their daily income.
- Pradahan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
It aims to train approximately 24 lakh youth of the country in industry oriented skill.
- Previous Why Engineering is not the end of a career pursuit
- Next Online internships in India : List of portals