Symbiosis Law School, Pune
Symbiosis Law School is a Greek term meaning ‘Living together for the mutual benefit of each other.’ Symbiosis is an educational and cultural center of international standards established in 1971, under the patronage of Dr. S. B. Mujumdar, President & Founder Director. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950. Symbiosis Law School, Pune established in June 1977, was earlier affiliated to the University of Pune and later became a constituent of Symbiosis International University in 2002, with an enhanced degree of autonomy in teaching, learning and research.
Admission for Undergraduate Programmes is through Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) which is a common written test for the admission processes of Undergraduate Institutes of Symbiosis International University (SIU). The Entrance Test is followed by Group Exercise and Personal Interview which makes SLS the first law school to adopt admission through these steps. The school has 25 full-time faculty members which include two Professors, three Associate Professors, 19 Assistant Professors and one Teaching Associate and one Adjunct Faculty.
The faculty members are involved in research projects. Some of them have visited Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany, under Erasmus Mundus and DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) exchange programs. A faculty member has received the ICCR Rotating Chair Research Fellowship from the government of India in association with Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany. Symbiosis Law School is a core partner in the global network of legal institutes, the Erasmus Mundus, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) – a grant for bilateral exchange with Leibniz University of Hannover, Germany, membership of International Association of Law Schools (IALS), USA, Asian Law Institute, Singapore and Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).