Institute of Chemical Technology
The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was established as the Department of Chemical Technology on 1st October, 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through active support of industries and philanthropists. The UDCT grew significantly in stature and was granted autonomy under UGC regulations by the University of Mumbai and further converted in to an Institute on 26th January, 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP programme, the Maharashtra government granted it full autonomy in June 2004.
At present ICT offers three degrees at undergraduate level: B.Tech. (Bachelor of Technology), B.Chem.Eng. (Bachelor of Chemical Engineering), B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy).The institute offers several courses at the masters level which specialize in Chemical Technology, Chemical Engineering and Pharmacy. Ph.D. from ICT is highly sought after program and is arguably among the best ones in the country.M.Sc. from ICT boasts of accreditation from Royal Society of Chemistry and is only second institute in India to receive this accreditation. The department of Textiles is still known to offer the most prestigious degree in the field of textiles in India. ICT is accredited by AICTE, NAAC, NBA, NIRF, and UGC.
ICT is located on a 16 acres campus. The main building faces Nathalal Parikh Marg and has a beautiful architecture with fine dressed stone.Other buildings including three boys hostels, two girls hostels, faculty and staff apartments are located behind the main building. The rear boundary of the institute runs along Kidwai Road. ICT has five hostel blocks on the campus including 3 boys and 2 girls hostels. The total number of hostel accommodation seats available for the students at the ICT is nearly 855 (for all courses and years) including 210 lady students. The ICT has sanctioned positions of 108 faculty (29 Professors, 38 Associate Professors and 41 Assistant Professors) and a support staff of 240. There are 114 visiting faculties (who typically are industry researchers), 7 emeritus faculties, and 4 adjuncts.The Institute of Chemical Technology has a tradition of establishment of endowments with an objective of supporting faculty positions, foreign travel assistance, merit-cum-means scholarships, staff welfare, library, campus development, research fellowships and seed money for research by young faculty. There are 90 faculty endowments in the Institute. All these endowments have been established through generous donations by alumni, industries, philanthropists and well wishers.
- List of Academic Programs
- UNDERGRADUATE –
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (B. Chem. Eng.)
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) in Dyestuff and Intermediates Technology
- B. Tech. in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
- B.Tech in Food Engineering and Technology
- B.Tech in Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology
- B.Tech in Pharmaceuticals Chemistry and Technology
- B.Tech in Polymer Engineering and Technology
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.)
- POSTGRADUATE –
- Master of Chemical Engineering (M. Chem. Eng.)
- M. Tech. in Dyestuff and Intermediates Technology
- M.Tech. in Fibres and Textiles Processing Technology
- M.Tech in Food Engineering and Technology
- M.Tech in Oils, Oleochemicals and Surfactants Technology
- M.Tech in Pharmaceuticals Chemistry and Technology
- M.Tech in Polymer Engineering and Technology
- M.E. (Plastics Engineering)
- M.Sc. (Chemistry, Physics, Engineering Mathematics, Textile Chemistry)