INFOSYS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS
1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1 hour each. You have to measure 90 minutes with these candles. (There is no scale or clock). Also u r given a lighter.
2. You r given a thermometer. What can u do by this without measuring the temperature?
3. How it is possible to place four points that are equi distance from each other?
U r a landscape designer and your boss asked u to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other.
(Distance from each tree to the other must be same)
4. You are given a cake; one of its corner is broken. How will u cut the rest into Two equal parts?
5.If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen…. and after sometime u find the tyre
without the screws how will u make your journey complete?
6. Can u make 120 with 5 zeros?
7. There are three people A, B, C. Liars are of same type and Truth speaking people are of same type. Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false from the following statements:
a) A says: B is a liar.
b) B says: A and C are of same type.
8.in a race u drove 1st lap with 40kmph and in the second lap at what speed u must drive so that ur average speed must be 80kmph.
9.You have to draw 3 concentric circles with a line passing thru their center without lifting hand.
10.A rectangular paper is there. At a corner a rectangular size paper is taken from it. Now you have to cut the remaining paper into two equal halves.
Ans: 1. First light up the two ends of the 1st candle. When it will burn out light up one end of the second candle.(30+60=90)
Ans : if u put thermometer into a tree it won’t grow anymore, will just die off
Ans: Only 3 points can be equidistant from each other. But if u place points in the shape of a pyramid then its possible
Ans: Slice the cake
Ans: Open 3 screws, 1 from each tyre and fix the tyre
Ans: Factorial (factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)) = 120
Ans: lets assume A is speaking truth. It means B is a liar then it means A and C are not of same type.
Ans: its impossible! if u drove the first lap in 40 kmph, its impossible that the
average speed of both the laps is 80kmph.
for eg. consider one lap distance = 80km.
time req. to cover 1 lap = 80km/40kmph = 2 hrs.
Ans: Start the line complete one circle move inside circles along the line and then draw second circle. Like wise rest.
Ans: try it on the paper. You must fold the part that has complete paper and select Half of it and then fold the part that cut and selects half of it and then cut along the folding.