Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
Mount Carmel college, Bengaluru is a famous institution primarily for Women. It was established on 7th July 1948 and the institute is run by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa. The college is affiliated to Bangalore University but functions as an autonomous institution. The College offers Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses in Commerce and Management, Humanities, Science, Applied Science and Design.
Under the Under Graduate stream the college offers ten Programmes in the Faculty of Arts, eighteen in the Faculty of Science and four in the Faculty of Commerce and Management. Under the Post Graduate stream the college offers thirteen under the autonomous system.
|Number of Departments||Commerce and Management
Applied Science and Design
|Location||58, Palace Road, Fatima Block,
Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052
|Academics||Under Graduate – 10
Post Graduate – 13
|Faulty||Around 150+ full-time faculty member|
Facilities and services
MCC has several eateries on campus. The popular haunts on campus are the “Main Canteen” and several smaller food kiosks like Chat Shop, Momo Hut, Nescafe stall etc.
A good training ground for several national and international sports enthisiasts over the years, Mount Carmel College has an excellent stadium located at a walk able distance from the main campus.
A full-fledged stadium and pavilion
A Cinder track for athletics, softball and cricket
The Mount Carmel hostel ” Mother Mary Hostel” , extends sleekly over 2 buildings. UG hostel and PG hostel and houses 210 students. Students have refectories, reading/TV rooms, gymnasiums and Wi Fi facilities.
Counselling and Placement Cell
The Placement Cell of Mount Carmel College (autonomous) has been training students and providing them with opportunities to get placed in leading MNC’S, Banks, educational institutes, biotech firm’s etc. since the year 2002.
The placement cell conducts various activities and workshops such as resume writing, interview skills, group discussions, aptitude tests and mock interviews for the students. The students also attend pre-placement talks organized by the companies which are then followed by tests and interviews in the college campus.
- List of Academic Programs
- BBA- Bachelor of Business Administration
- B.Com – Regular
- B.Com- Industry Integrated
- B.Com- BMTT (Business Management in Travel & Tourism)
- B.Com- Professional
- B.Com- Business Process Services
- B.Com- IAF (International Accounting and Finance)
- B.Com Honours
- History, Economics, Political Science (HEP)
- History, Economics, Sociology (HES)
- History, Journalism, Travel & Tourism (HJTT)
- Political Science, Economics, Journalism ( PEJ)
- Psychology, English Literature, Communication Studies (PyEC)
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (PCMB)
- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electronics (PCME)
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Home Science (PCBH)