NMKRV College for women in Bangalore – Courses, Placement, Facilities
Nagarathnamma Meda Kasturiranga Setty Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College for Women – NMKRV College for Women, managed by the Rashtreeya Sikshana Samiti Trust, Bangalore is the beautiful campus, gifted by the natural greenery and beauty. It provides a conducive and congenial environment for academic pursuits.
The college that was started as a Pre-University College in 1971 with just 150 students has grown in leaps and bounds. In 1973, it was bifurcated as the NMKRV Degree College for Women. Based on the Goals of the Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust, the vision of the college is to ‘Educate, Enrich & Empower’.
|Number of Departments||Humanities
|Location||45/1, 22nd Cross, Jayanagar, III Block
+91 – 80 – 26637042
|Academics||Under Graduate – 11
Post Graduate – 5
|Faulty||Around 100+ full-time faculty member|
Facilities and Services
NMKRV Library has a lot of online resources for students. Resources available include in-person help and virtual reference services. The Library has Internet facilities available both to the students and the faculty.The library has a good number of magazines, journals a wide range of daily newspapers, CDs, E-journals and project reports, dissertations, Thesis.
- Collection of Books – 50644.
- E-Books –128
- Braille Books – 131.
- News Papers -13.
- Journals – 11.
- Magazines – 29.
- Library Area – 5,900. Sq Ft.
- Total Staff – 06.
Library Services & facilities
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
(Available For Students and Staff)
- Chaithanya, Sc/St Book Bank Service.
- DELNET ,INFLIBNET & E-books Facility
- Book Circulation Services
- Reference Service
- Scientific and Technical Journals
- Access and Issue of CDs & DVDs
- Newspapers & General Magazines
E-Cell is the platform for our students to develop their skills and frame their careers in the path of contributing best to the society. The overall objective of the scheme is enabling ecosystem for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education & training, advocacy, and easy access to entrepreneurship network. E-Cell has specific objectives :
- Educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs
- Connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, incubators, funding and business services
- Coordinate and support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs(E-Hubs)
- Catalyze a culture shift to support aspiring entrepreneurs
Student Counseling Center
The Counselling Centre of the college offers guidance and assistance in enhancing the self-esteem and confidence of students. Teacher counselors handle not just academic issues, but also help with adjustmental problems, inadequacies and interpersonal relations.
The college boasts of producing many achievers in the field of sports. Students are encouraged and provided with ample opportunities to excel in their sphere of sports and games both indoor and outdoor.
List of Outdoor Games:
- Ball Badminton
- Kho Kho
- Basket Ball
- Hand Ball
- Throw Ball
List of Outdoor Games:
- Table Tennis
NMKRV placement cell provides TCS Free Employability Training Program for SC, ST, OBC & economical weaker section and TCS Free “Campus to Corporate” for interested students. Before attending the campus drive, we urge you to study the job description. Students are required to know about the Employer, from their Company website, before attending the interview.Students are free to ask the Campus Visitor any reasonable question e.g. location of job and transfer policy, Compensation & Career progression, terms & conditions.
- List of Academic programs
- Under Graduate Programs
- B.A History, Economics, Sociology
- B.A Economics, Sociology, Psychology
- B.A Journalism, Optional language(English/Kannada), Psychology
- B.AJournalism, Psychology, Women’s Studies
- B.Sc Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- B.Sc Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- B.Sc Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- B.Sc Electronics, Mathematics, Computer Science
- B.Sc Chemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology
- Post Graduate Programs
- M.Sc Chemistry
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.A Journalism and mass communication
- M.A (women’s study)