St Joseph Pre-University College, Bangalore
St. Joseph’s Pre-University College is a religious minority institution run by the Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society for the education of Catholic youth, which has also been at the service of others without any distinction of caste or creed. St. Joseph’s offers a wide range of course combinations for pre-university education and promises exciting and rewarding opportunities that ensure holistic development in a student. Here, you will be an active partner in a shared enterprise to face the ever-changing world with greater confidence.
|Number of Departments||Arts Stream
|Location||St. Joseph’s Pre-University College
FM Cariappa Road( Museum Road)
|Campus||125 year old|
|Established||1882; 136 years ago|
|Faulty||Around 100+ full-time faculty member|
Facilities and Services
The College has an automated Library (Open access system) spacious enough to accommodate large number of students. A book bank facility is provided to the economically weaker students. Library has exhaustive collection :
50 CD-ROMs and
50 subscribed magazines, journals and newspapers
The college boasts of producing many achievers in the field of sports. Students are encouraged and provided with ample opportunities to excel in their sphere of sports and games both indoor and outdoor. The college has its own Basket ball and volley ball courts and a Hockey arena.
There are two canteens, one Vegetarian and the other non-vegetarian, to cater to the hunger of the staff and students. However, the College encourages the students to bring lunch from home.
In the year 2010, under the patronage of Fr. Roshan Lobo SJ, the Counselling cell of the College was established with the aim of providing therapeutic services to students and parents. The center aims to journey with students and parents in their lives by helping them build more resources within themselves, remove barriers to their growing potential and feel more equipped to find their way in the world. The following services are provided by the counselling cell :
The process is completely online and the details will be displayed on the college website. You can download the admission guide from the college website and follow the instructions.
Before you start the admission process, please make sure that you possess the following:
1) Class 10th Marks card
2) Caste/category certificate, if applicable.
3) A valid mobile number, a valid email id and any one of these online money transfer facilities: credit card, debit card, IMPS transaction or American express.
4) For Catholic/Christian students, a letter from the parish priest/ pastor.
5) Sports certificate/ learning disability certificate, if applicable.
- Academic Programs
- ARTS STREAM
- HEPS (History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology)
- COMMERCE STREAM
- CEBA (Computer Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- PEBA (Political Science, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- MEBA (Basic Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- MSBA (Statistics, Basic Mathematics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- CSBA (Computer Science, Statistics, Business Studies, Accountancy)
- SCIENCE STREAM
- PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology)
- PCMC (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers)
- PCME (Physics, Chemistry Mathematics, Electronics)